Friday, January 2, 2015


After spending months raising funds and preparing, there is only 1 day, 13 hours, and 30 minutes until we depart on our Costa Rica trip! Many of us are scrambling last minute making sure we have packed everything and making last minute shopping trips to get supplies and goodies for the children. We are all getting ready to sleep in Boston tomorrow night before departing at 5am on our adventure!
We will be in Costa Rica preparing to provide healthcare to the residents of San Jose, Alajuela, and surrounding rural communities who normally do not have access to it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most of us and we will be sure to squeeze every ounce of knowledge out of it as possible.
            I think I can speak for all of us when I say that I am beyond excited to embark on this journey. Despite the excitement that is running through my bones, I can’t seem to shake the nerves. Heading into a new country and working in a new environment brings a certain level of apprehension. Nevertheless, traveling with a great group of 12 senior nursing students and two inspiring professors helps to ease any nerves that may still linger.
            With that being said, I am off to finish some last minute packing and checking my list twice. Be sure to check back and see what we are up to on our journey!
Pura Vida,

Katie Piscatelli

No comments:

Post a Comment